FF109-FRSC XL Fire Rated Light Cover is a dome-shaped intumescent cover which has been designed to help maintain the integrity of fire rated ceilings when penetrated by recessed fixtures and acoustic rating of the structure.
The unique design gives the architect, sound professional and installer more freedom in speaker selection as the covers are suited to a wide range of speaker sizes. The flexible and lightweight nature of the covers makes installation quick and easy, reduces the stress put on the ceiling and significantly reduces labor costs compared to standard dry-walled box constructions.
The high expansion and insulating properties of the cover ensures that both, flame spread and heat transmission, are stopped for 60 minutes.
Inside Height 11″ Diameter 15″
- Can be used with any speaker manufacturer.
- Enhances the acoustic protection of the ceiling.
- Easy Installation – can be fitted in seconds – no screws, drilling or additional sealant required.
- Significant Labor savings.
- Lightweight (approx. 2.5 lbs).
- Flexible material enables cover to be fitted around obstructions or retro-fitted.
- Two vent holes in the cover reduce the risk of over-heating of the light in normal use.
- In a fire, the intumescent material expands 5 times of its original thickness, closing the vent holes and preventing flame spread.
- Easy to remove and re-install for speaker maintenance.
- Reduces heat loss through the speaker fixture.
- Maintenance free.
- 60 minute protection.